In case you’re wondering, “Who are the really lovely and nerdy people behind all this?”
Founder / CEO
- Started Pixton in his “garage” in 1879.
- Earned a Master of Science degree studying woodpeckers.
- Believes imagination could be “some kind of portal to the quantum multiverse.”
- One of the above statements is not entirely accurate.
- Was supposed to be his dad’s protégé as a pro tennis player, but somehow chose to be a pro doodler instead.
- Has been working on Pixton with Clive for more than a decade, 6 years of which without seeing his face even once.
- Managed to read all editions of Indonesian-translated Encyclopaedia Britannica (including the index ed) by the age of 14.
- Loves to make someone’s day better.
- Has never been on a plane.
- Is able to change the topic of any conversation with one smooth segue.
- Relates a lot in life to Harvest Moon.
- Starts a lot of stories with “I saw this video on TikTok…”
- Has designed many things over many years and continues to design many more things.
- Designed something that made it into the MOMA.
- Runs places.
- Would like to create other things that get into the MOMA.
- New Yorker living in South Carolina working for a Canadian company.
- Crackerjack content director.
- Artist and graphic designer flanked by a better artist and a better graphic designer.
- Was into Pixton before it was cool.
- Has visited two world wonders, but still isn’t satisfied.
- Loves all forms of storytelling, and would have gone into film if computers hadn’t existed.
- Can’t wait to go for a casual walk on Mars.
- Has a serious sweet tooth. There is always room for more pie.
User Support Specialist
- Could not survive in a world without coffee.
- Has started over 5 different university courses (including chemical engineering) but somehow ended up in Theatre.
- A plant mom.
- Has played every version of The Sims available to mankind.
- Has appeared in a hallmark movie!
Lead Research Analyst
- Can spend days solving a single sudoku.
- Is very good at waking up in the middle of the night to feed the cats.
- Loves the process of creating stories, and has hours of voice memos to prove it.
- Got a PhD studying how brains learn how to read.
- Did ballet for 12 years.
- Thinks Hercule Poirot is the better detective than Sherlock Holmes.
- Still having trouble pronouncing the English words “three” and “food”.
- Remembers the look of thousands of Pixton characters’ outfit combos by heart.
Educator Communication Specialist
- Taught elementary school for 4 years.
- Will go out of her way for an aesthetic café with good coffee.
- Has 6 screws and 8 metal rods in her back (getting through airport security is surprisingly a breeze).
- Owns twelve pairs of Nike sneakers (her faves are her orange Air Jordan 1 Mids).
- Has had many careers: artist, teacher, administrator, researcher, government bureaucrat, business executive, consultant.
- Has had mini careers: pizza maker, squeegee roller operator.
- Is a doctor, but not the really useful kind.
- Prefers a night sky to a night on the town.
- Plans to be the last person on Earth to create a Facebook account.
- Knows tons of trivia with no practical application.
- Moved to tears when he thinks about space too much.
- Hosts D&D games weekly but thinks about D&D always.
- Cannot find things seconds after putting them down.
- Programming is the first job that's ever made him want to go to work.
- Has lived on 3 continents, 3 to go (Antartica is too cold for me!).
- A passionate developer and an ex-Orthodontist.
- Food lover! Pizza every day! Always back up Nutella stock to not run out!
- Always ready for chess or Call of Duty Challenge.
- Addicted to the anime world since 2004.
- Has illustrated and published several children’s books in the past.
- Daughter’s name is her gamer tag.
- Grows her own vegetables.
- Has manipulated more than 10,000 Pixton assets so far.
- Graphic designer at heart.
- Heavily influenced by music, edgy movies and art.
- Thinks Collective Soul is the greatest band of all time.
- Avid collector of 80s era vintage toys.
- Creator of worlds.
- Louis’ second-in-command visualizer since 2002.
- Draws horses like no other.
- Prefers music playlists that are stuck forever in the 80s / 90s.
- Master of vector drawing.